Actor Belzer Knows Better Than "Uneducated" Troops
Okay, so while I'm on an anti-Hollyweird kick I might as well get this one in, too. Only this will likely upset and amaze you.
Richard Belzer, a 'recognizable' face from the T.V. series "Law and Order," was recently a guest on the uber-liberal "Real Time with Bill Maher." While debating about troops in Iraq with Republican Congresswoman Ileanna Ros-Lehtinen (who's stepson is a Marine Officer), Belzer got so unhinged that even Maher (of all people) had to step in. Twice.
Before you READ THE TRANSCRIPT, or WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP, I'll give you a little background on Belzer:
- Kicked out of every school up until junior college - from which he dropped out.
- He enlisted in the Army and, realizing his mistake, tried to get out of that.
- His Dad committed suicide when he was 22.
- Insisted that a hesitant Hulk Hogan demonstrate a wrestling move on him for a T.V. show - ended up passing out, then sued Hogan.
- While filming a cop show in Baltimore, a real criminal running from police burst onto the set. The criminal surrendered to the actors. Belzer testified for him at his trial, saying the look on the man's face was adequate punishment.
- His trademark is that he always wears sunglasses, even indoors (mug like that, can't blame him).