President Bush ~ Your Commander-in-Chief Tonight
Regardless of what you might think of President Bush, his was a great speech tonight. Hardly new material (as liberal knobheads are VERY quick to point out), but points that needed to be reiterated nonetheless.
These are the messages I got out of this confident and resolute speech regarding the war:
- 9-11 and other terrorist acts against us must now be confronted
- As Iraqis stand up, we will stand down
- This no longer a war on Iraq, but a War on Terror - Iraq is now the front
- GREAT things have been accomplished - regardless of setbacks and oversights (Mistakes are made in every war." ~ John McCain)
- Artificial timetables would send the wrong signal to Iraqis, our Troops, and the Enemy
- Our citizens need to persevere and remember why we are doing this
I anticipate that we will hear more of the usual liberal nay-saying (turned up) for the next few days, busting on the President for saying "9-11 too many times" (five in my count), and how he "lied about WMDs," "planned the invasion since 1999," Saddam wasn't involved in 9-11, blah blah. Fact is, this is a war ON TERROR - Iraq is now basically where we are meeting the bad guys after school. Nice that we could remove an evil dictator in the process, who was a proven benefactor to terrorists (see "Bush Doctrine").
As a veteran myself, I especially appreciated his attention to the sacrifices and high-calling of our military and military families. These are the true heroes.
The excellent website mentioned by the President can be reached by clicking here:
America Supports You - Our Military Men and Women